Thursday, August 28, 2008

Was my memo lost in the mail?


So my facebook fear is starting to come to fruition! I got a friend request from Kim Taylor and I figured it would be rude to not accept, so now I have access to her personal life as well. There was a link to her blog, and once on her blog I was able to stalk many, many people that I once knew. A common theme on each blog was begining to surface... EVERYONE has kids.


Now I remember from my religious days the "multiply and replenish the earth" memo that was sent out, but I guess I didnt' think as many people actually followed that to the letter. Seriously, everyone has at least 2 kids if not more. I do realize that the 10 years Jason and I have been married is enough time to have produced some offspring, and I also know that if Jersey was a child we would have a 7 year old girl (instead of a 49 year old!), but wow! I guess I have been kept in my bubble of the simple life for so long, where Melissa and Aaron are the only couple in my group of friends that have kids besides Shelley and Jim of course (but even they only have 2) that I never realized how different my life could be.


Lucky for me, my husband has a very set theory that there are way more people in the world than we have the resources to support, so he refuses to have kids. As for me, kids scare me to death. So our life and love goes to the dogs!

No comments: