Thursday, October 9, 2008

Peanut M&M's = The Perfect Food

Today is the birthday of one of the kindest men in the world, my father. Now there are many things to love dad; he is kind, generous, funny, passionate and will open his heart and home to others, but I want to tell some funny stories about why I love dad oh so much!

1.) Dad has a theory that he whole hearted supports that Peanut M&M's are the perfect food. I am not lying, ask anyone, this true as far as he believes it to be. When you are hungry and need a quick snack, grab this "melt in your mouth, not in your hand" candy and you will be satiated. Hmmm, it is weird that I just figured out that this may be the reason dad has the beaties?!

2.) As much as dad loves spending time with his family (and you can't blame him, we are AWESOME!), if he doesn't want to do something, bet your ass he won't do it! There have been instances that he has been invited places and he will outright tell you "no". No pleasantries or excuse making, just "no". It works! Also, if he is ready to go and mom is still in conversation, he will actually open the door and say goodbye leaving mom perplexed because she didn't know they were leaving! Classic!

3.) I will tell this story because it is probably one of moms favorites ... one day he set off their house alarm while they were inside the house. When the security company came over the speaker to ask for the password they confused him by first asking for his name. He hesitated and then ran into where my mom was and said "Whats my name?". Mom may never let him live this down!

4.) Jason realized dads true hilarity one night over a game of cards. The four of us get together occasionally to play Canasta which opens up a lot of time to talk. For some reason an old friend of mine came up, Minh. He said her name like five times, then asked me how it was spelled because somehow to him, that made a difference on how he was going to pronounce it. He spent the next hour putting us all in tears by pronouncing her name Min and Minh picking up the subtleties that only he could here. I don't think I have seen Jason laugh so hard in a long time!

5.) As a scout leader, Dad got the 8 year olds their bowling merit badges by using the Wii! Who knew that would count?

6.) Another awesome thing, dad has a Wii! And a playstation and a Nintendo DS (he got the blue one) and he and my mom play these ALL of the time!

7.) Though I don't' have kids, he is an awesome grandfather. Every summer he sets up a pool in his backyard for the kids. And every Sunday he suits up and jumps in with them. He is the only adult that will brave the pool, and truthfully I think it hurts him a little that the rest of us won't dive in. Usually a good water fight starts and the whole family ends up wet anyway.

8.) Trains. If you know my dad and have been in his basement or backyard, you know what I am talking about.

9.) He really can fix anything! I am pretty sure Jason is sick of hearing me say "my dad can do that" when he is trying to do a home improvement by himself, but dad really can. And he has had to come over a few times to rewire our dishwasher and fix our plumbing on our kitchen sink.

10.) Not only can he fix anything, he is willing to help out no matter what the case. He laid pergo for Shanna, wired Shelley's basement, helps with laying sod, lends you his car when he believes you would otherwise have to walk.

Dad, you are awesome! Have a great birthday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love dads. Well, most dads.

Twitter News said...

Very TRUE we love grandpa or dad for you, lol so I see you blog a lot more lately! Weird but good cause I get really bored at work!!