Monday, October 6, 2008

Why Monday mornings suck!


I had such a great weekend, I totally remember why I hate Mondays ... the fun is over!


The weekend started out on Thursday night when Amy and Rob came over with their giant bottle of Vodka and a drink recipe to watch the VP debate. It was so much fun. The signature drink of the night was "The Big Mistake" that they picked up in Mexico and so we used it to represent the Republican choice. We recorded the debate so that we could pause it many times to discuss the fact that Palin avoided actually answering nearly all of her questions and even referred to Biden as OBiden at one point. Priceless. I personally think she would have been better off letting Tina Fey debate on her behalf.



Friday morning we woke up and booked our trip to Amsterdam which we are now going by way of Ireland. Jason found an awesome deal to Ireland for 6 days and the flight to Amsterdam is much cheaper out of Dublin. So hell, why not visit Ireland for St. Patricks day!?! (Actually, I think we will be in Amsterdam by then, too bad)



After a yummy breakfast at The Original Pancake House, we left Amy in SLC and headed to her cousins condo in Brian Head. We got there about 5pm and decided to make the most of the daylight in Cedar Breaks. What started out as sight seeing turned into a one mile hike which turned into a four mile hike and us racing to get back to the visitors center before it was pitch black. Luckily we did get in a good hike, because when we woke up on Saturday morning, it was snowing and there was already about 1/2 inch of snow on the ground. Not wanting to drive back up the snowy canyon after a day at Bryce we packed up the car and headed into Bryce Canyon. It was so cold and rainy. Luckily it is at a lower elevation than Brian Head so there was no snow, but there was plenty of rain and fog to keep us cold and wet. When we stopped at Rubys diner to eat, I filled up my bladder though Jason was sure I was crazy. I figured that we didn't plan on hiking the night before, and I would have loved to have more than the water bottle that Rob brought and whatever was in his flask. It was pretty rainy at that time, so hiking seemed very out of the question!



Driving up Bryce we could barely see anything, and at some of the stops all you could see was fog. The weather did improve so we bundled up (I had on 3 jackets) and went on the Sunrise to Sunset hike. Very fun and very worth being cold and damp. It was beautiful, unfortunately before we started the hike I managed to drop my camera into a giant puddle, so I had to rely on Jason to get in the pictures. I am going to try my memory card tonight, hopefully all of my fun pics aren't gone for good.



We came home late Saturday night and got to sleep in our own bed, oh how wonderful!



Sunday was another fun day because Wendy is in town from Florida, so we had a girls lunch and hung out at Spag Fag and talked forever, then we realized that we should give up our table, we stood in the parking lot for another forever. We took some crazy pics of us and when it got too cold to stand there any longer, we said our good byes.



So yeah, with such fun filled weekends, Mondays pretty much suck!

No comments: