Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas time fun

What is it about this season that makes eating with abandon acceptable? Maybe it isn't, but that is what I tell myself so I don't feel guilty.

Okay, so I used to be a scrooge. I didn't want anything to do with a tree or decorations and definitely not Christmas music. Somehow, over time, I have re-embraced the fun of the season, and I am actually looking forward to Christmas this year. The holiday has lost much of it's luster as it all amounts to the one day off this week for me, but I try to invoke the memories of school being out for winter break and roller skating on Christmas Eve with the greatest grandparents ever. Oh, good times. Hopefully, my one day off this week will live up to the hype!

To get into the spirit of the season, we have embraced tradition. The Mangums had everyone over for their yummy Navajo Tacos(it came late this year), my mom and sisters made candy that only works if the weather is right (Jason will never believe it to be true), we attended our 2nd annual dinner at Cuccina Toscana, and we started, what will hopefully become a new tradition, the Santa Pub Crawl.

Happy Holidays

1 comment:

Downhilldiva said...

We still haven't found the right weather for caramels though. We'll keep trying!

Count me in for the pub crawl next year too! I'm sure I can come up with an awesome elf costume!