Monday, December 1, 2008

waste of wine

So I am a klutz ... lets just get that out there! I trip over my own feet, and for those of you that used to work with me at Maggie, you will remember I was always good for a laugh. Luckily I am able to laugh at my own expense when something happens, because why get embarrassed?
So on Saturday, we were enjoying a nice dinner at our downtown chain PF Changs. I had brought a bottle of wine to share, as we usually do (ok, Rob and Amy usually do), and we all had a few glasses.
The waitress poured our glasses, then put the bottle on the table between Jason and myself. My first thought was that I would, at some point in the evening, bump the bottle and knock it off the table. As soon as that thought left my mind, I was drenched in my glass. Turns out, as the waitress was collecting our menus, she bumped my wine glass with my menu and it dumped the entire glass of (luckily white) wine into my lap. My shirt caught most of it, and there was no hiding it! I just started laughing, but the waitress felt so bad! She bought me a glass from the menu, and I excused myself to the bathroom hoping for a hand dryer. Nope, no hand dryer. Luckily, the manager walked into the bathroom as I was toweling myself off and offered me a server shirt (score!). I changed and went back to the table.
Now in retrospect, I am sure I could have gotten a lot more comped from that meal, but who really cares? I didn't have anywhere to go (sorry Amy, reading magazines at your house doesn't count as a place to go!), and even if I did, it was done and any amount of compensation wouldn't have dried my shirt! I was mostly just glad that I wasn't the one that spilled the wine!

1 comment:

Chau Hercules said...

I would have punched the waitress in the neck.