Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays (PC just for you Rob!)

Pretty sure Word Challenge on Facebook has consumed me! I am addicted, and I have people at work addicted. I was doing really well, then Becca and Wendy had to put me back in my place. I am 5th right now, but it is ok, because I was at 11!

Today is Christmas Eve, and yup, I am at work. I am ok with that fact, we are all working and goofing off at the same time. There is a totally different vibe at work today, very laid back and fun. The only complaint I have is that the people in the California office forget that there is a one hour time zone difference, so even though they told us to come in at 7:30 and leave at 2:30, they don't want us to leave until 3:30. Fair? No, but they are backtracking now and saying that they told us to come in late at 8:30 instead. So we will see when I actually get out of here! Whatever!

Thinking I would treat myself to a Christmas Eve treat, I went to Starbucks for a full fat, eggnog latte. YUM! But yeah, they were out of eggnog. What? On Christmas Eve? What a mean joke! I got the pumpkin spice instead, but think I am going to stop by the Starbucks by moms to try again. I am pretty sure that when I discovered the eggnog latte about 4 years ago, I gained 15 pounds that winter! New Years resolutions don't start for another week, right?

My sister has lost 15 lbs and looks awesome. Unfortunately she lies to me and says that there is no magic pill, she chalks it up to diet and working out. What a liar, there is a magic pill, she is just holding out on me! Whatever, maybe I will try it her way. Is coke on this diet? What about all of the candy and goodies that the holidays bring? hmmm .....

We had our awesome Cuccina dinner in lieu of exchanging gifts. So good, and we always have such a great time. What a fun way to spend time with great friends for the holidays. 3 bottles of wine makes our friends even better! Thanks all, we had so much fun as usual!

Monday night took us to the locals night at the Metropolitan with Robert and Amy. The place was empty, but we had a good time all by ourselves! The food was good, pretentious, but good. Amy didn't like her pasta, so they forced a Beef Wellington on her. She made sure she ate enough of it to not be rude! Not sure if we will go back, but if you are interested in trying it out, the Monday's local night is the way to do it. You can get 3 courses for $30 or 5 courses for $45 and no corkage fee. I would suggest taking 2 bottles of wine, because you will be there for several hours. We always have a great time with the Mathesons, they are our kindred spirits.

Last night we went to The Vienna Bistro with the Mangums. Another great time. I ordered a wonderful German beer, and ate some herbed dumplings. Pretty tasty, and got me excited to go to Amsterdam and eat. We exchanged gifts with them, and they got me a Bare Minerals gift set. I love makeup, I am not quite sure when I became a girl, but I love all things girly. Weird, because I am not very prissy, but I wanted to do my makeup as soon as we got home. I didn't, I just went to bed instead. I plan on looking pretty for Christmas though! Thanks guys, you are truly great friends. I promise, Catherine, to stop saying that you are single-handedly revitalizing the economy.

Today, Jason is spending the holiday eve with my family at Fat Cats. Jason hates bowling, but I love it. Too bad he can't come to work for me. We are heading to moms after that to eat and hang out. I am sure we will break out the games, or at least the Wii. Jasons aunt sent us a Swiss Colony pack, so we are taking that over. I love it for the cheese, but Jason doesn't much like his tubed sausage, so we need help consuming it!

Merry Christmas tomorrow everyone. I hope it is fun and safe!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Dude. If anyone is addicted to that Word Challenge game -- it's me.

Amy said...

Awwww... You're so sweet! We love you guys too!