Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Who knew?


So I have mentioned this before, but it came to light again yesterday, so I thought I would make mention of it again. How is it that I hate people yet I still find myself needing to socialize with more than just my dog?
I was at home sick yesterday, and slept most of the day away. I spoke with no one all day, and I realized that one day is all it really takes to start the downward spiral for me never wanting to leave the house. It was kind of a frightening realization for me. Every morning as I am climbing out of bed to at least brush my teeth before arriving at work, I wish for a second that I was unemployed and could stay in bed all day. Once I am at work, I am fine. My job is good, I work with a great bunch of girls that keep me laughing and talking all day. But the envy that I have for Jersey (yes, the dog) is overwhelming when I am still in a sleepy stupor. The fact that after she walks me to the door and kisses me goodbye, she gets to sleep her day away, makes me green with jealousy. So yesterday, I stayed in bed with her, and loved it.
I did have a hair appointment later in the day, and sick or not, my hair needed Lacey therapy. I considered canceling because it meant I would have to talk to someone and discontinue the inner monologue that runs at a constant when I am alone. I perked up once I was there, and escaped the pull of the deep dark depression that is like a warm blanket on a cold, quiet day. I read my In Style magazine, and let my hair and myself process.

2 comments:

Chau Hercules said...

Why do you blog about things I think about all the time? I feel you. Instead of a dog, I think about my television.

Unknown said...

That is the cutest picture of Jersey!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one to talk to herself in her head.