Friday, September 12, 2008

Fair Food


Tonight we are going to the Fair. I know, it is the same every year, but Mr. Brimhall loves fair food like no one else, so we go ... every year! If it wasn't for the fact that we go with Shelley, Jim and the girls, I think we would just go get the food and leave, but of course the girls love to see the animals and ride the rides. I am a little afraid this year that Jason and I might have to be the ride buddies, because Jim has a giant laceration on his head, and Shelley is in no condition to ride rides that were thrown up in an hour by people with 2 teeth (tooths might be the proper pronunciation in carnies talk), but we will suck it up! There is always the hope that walking around the entire fair grounds would wear the kids out enough that the rides wouldn't appeal to them, but it is all countered by the cotton candy and snow cone sugar high.


So back to the food! Last year I sampled the "fried coke" but it didn't live up to the hype I had in my head of my favorite beverage and the fact that everything is better fried. I am thinking I might go with the fried snickers bar this year, but Catherine did let me know that they will have a fried PB&J. When she told me about this, she was utterly disgusted by the idea, and probably assumed that I would be as well. But no, my dear, you do not get this fat by shying away from food! Cause you never know until you try! I haven't talked to Jason about what food he is going to get, but after so many years, I think I already know! He loves snow cones, funnel cake, elephant ears, caramel apples (only if they are made with Granny Smith apples) and corns of the cob.


Also, I don't know if any of you have ever paid to see the mutant animals (it is usually like 50 cents), but I highly recommend seeing the giant cow. It is pretty impressive. The others, the pig and alligator, are so not worth your money. Enjoy your county fair!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanted to go to the fair, I'm jealous! My dad NEVER let us get on rides because of exactly what you said! That PB&J looked nasty to me but let us know how it was if you try it! Have fun people watching, I think laughing at all the weirdos is the funnest part!